Growth, prosperity, and stability of Central Asia is related, in part, to the decision making and management of the region's water and land resources. Large parts of Central Asia are or have recently faced high-water risk levels due to climate variability. To support further growth, while mitigating risks,
strengthening institutional capacity and education in irrigation management, including extension programming, industry-academia partnerships, and training programs is needed.
Through this project and webinar series, we will:
● Discuss state of irrigation and water resources in respective regions
● Compile and compare existing irrigation and water resource curriculum and training programs
● Explore innovative education and extension models centered on irrigation water management
● Develop new research directions and collaborations
● Establish long-term scholar exchanges among participating institutions